Traffic diversions for Republic Day in Bangalore
The Republic Day celebration preparations are on in full swing and the city is all set to conduct the Republic Day ceremonial parade. The Traffic Police have made certain diversions on roads leading to Manekshaw Parade Ground.
City Police have made certain traffic arrangements around Field Marshal Manekshaw Parade Grounds on January 26 for the Republic Day ceremonial parade. . Also participants attending the event will not be allowed to carry phone, mobiles, cameras, handbags, radio, umbrella or any kind of equipment to the Parade Ground.
• Invitees with Yellow Car passes should come to Cubbon Road and enter Gate 1 facing northern site of parade ground and Park at western side.
• Invitees with White car passes and government secretaries, military officers and police officers should use Gate 2 (Cubbon Road in front of military supply depot) and park their vehicles on north eastern side of parking lot inside the parade ground.
• Invitees with Pink pass should park their vehicles at B R V Police Parade Ground (entry to the ground is through MG Road) and come to parade ground through Gate 3 by walk.
• Invitees with Green car pass holders should park their vehicles on Kamaraja and Main Guard Cross Road and enter the parade ground through Gate 4 by walk.
• Invitees with vehicles carrying participants should enter through Gate 3. The vehicles should be parked behind the fort wall inside the parade ground (southern side).
• Invitees with government vehicles should enter the parade ground from Gate 3 and park their vehicles behind the participant’s vehicles (southern side).
• Invitees with two-wheelers should be parked on Kamaraja Road northern side. The motorists can enter through Gate 3 on Kamaraja road by walk.
Traffic Diversion for General Public
Traffic movement will be diverted from 8 am to 10.30 am from BRV Junction to Kamaraj Road Junction on Cubbon Road.
• Vehicles coming from CTO Circle to Manipal Centre on Cubbon road can take left turn on Central Street at BRV Junction and move as follows: Central Street junction- right turn-Infantry Road-Safina Plaza - left turn-Main Guard Road-Allies Circle-Dispensary Road- Kamaraja Road and Dickenson Road junction-right turn-KR Road-K R Road junction-left turn-and Cubbon road on to Manipal Centre junction.
• Vehicles coming from Manipal junction to CTO junction on Cubbon road will take left turn at KR Road junction towards-Cauvery Art and Crafts Circle junction- right turn - MG Road-Anil Kumble Circle-right turn-BRV junction- left turn-and on to CTO Circle.
• Vehicles coming from Anil Kumble Circle to Cubbon Road will go straight on Central Street junction- right turn-Infantry road-Safina Plaza-left turn-Main Guard Road-Allies Circle-Dispensary Road-Kamaraja Road and Dickenson road junction-right turn-KR Road junction- left turn-and Cubbon Road on to Manipal Centre junction.
• The vehicles coming from Cauvery Arts and Craft Circle on MG Road to Cubbon Road and KR Road junction can go straight on MG Road towards Anil Kumble junction-right turn- BRV junction-left turn-Cubbon Road and on to CTO Circle on.