General

Electors Photo Identity Card will now be delivered at your doorstep

Of the 60 lakh voters in Bangalore city, some 25 lakh do not have their voters ID card. So 10,000 officials will reach out to them between June 17 and 23 to ensure they get their cards soon.

Is your name on the voters list but
you don't have the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC)? Come June 17, volunteers of the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) will distribute application forms for Electronic Photo Identity Cards right at your doorstep.

Registered voters who are yet to obtain an EPIC need to fill in these bar coded forms that already consist some of their personal details, attach a recent passport size color photograph, and return them to the officials.

The EPIC card will be delivered at the doorstep within 15 days. The drive is part of BBMP’s massive campaign Epic Week that will be held from June 17 to 23, to issue EPICs to about 25 lakh residuary electors in the city.

The Chief Electoral Officer of the State, who held a meeting with the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) officials on Tuesday, chalked out a plan to ensure 100 per cent EPIC coverage in Bangalore city, which is among the cities with lowest coverage in southern States.

Talking to presspersons after the meeting, BBMP Commissioner Bharat Lal Meena said the officials will deliver the customized application forms to the residence of the voters during the first few days of the campaign. The officials will revisit the voters' homes after a couple of days to collect the filled applications and color passport-size photographs. The EPIC will be delivered to the voters in a fortnight from that date.

India had made it mandatory for all registered voters to hold EPIC cards. “So far, only 59% of elected voters under our jurisdiction have been issued with EPICs,” he said, adding that the figure did not hold up to the reputation of the city being the IT capital.

Ward-wise distribution teams comprising corporators, members of residents’ welfare associations and volunteers would participate in the drive. Volunteers would receive a remuneration of Rs4 for enumerating each EPIC form, Meena said, adding that residual voters would also get an opportunity to make corrections, if any, in the details.

Meena said the residents' welfare associations, non-government organizations and other such bodies and elected representatives will be roped in to reach the voters.
Tags: epic, election commission, voters id card, electors photo identity card, voters list, bbm

31 comments

Babu.s Dec 22nd, 2010 05:11 PM

Hi i need a my voter id card how can i get it help me

Raju Jadar Dec 20th, 2010 09:13 PM

I want to apply voter id card in bangalore , how i can apply.let me know the process.I am Kamalanagar.

lakshmi Narayana H.R Dec 13th, 2010 12:40 PM

I applied for Voters ID Card in the month of August 2010, But I yet to receive the card. When I get my card or How I can go ahead about this

Ajay Babu Dec 12th, 2010 06:29 PM

i have my dad voter ID card number WFJ0072793. how to check hisvoter id  card with photo in online.

vipin mudgal Dec 02nd, 2010 05:43 PM

i want apply 4 voter id in rajasthan.how i can apply for this?

Tanmay Sarkar Nov 21st, 2010 11:09 AM

I have submitted form-6 in June 2010 for me and for my wife with the requited documents to include us in the electoral roll under 163-Shantinaga Constituency but we have not found any positive response from them. Till not included in the electrol roll or not issue EPIC Card.
I have sent recently mail to them what email ID mentioned here but only received auto reply. Please advice.

ganesh chandra mandal Nov 17th, 2010 08:50 PM

How can i see full residencial prove using epic card  number

BASAVARAJAIAH.T.D. Nov 17th, 2010 03:57 PM

REGARDING PART NO. AND SL.NO.
OF VOTER ID.

T.D.BASAVARAJAIAH Nov 17th, 2010 03:54 PM

My name and my wife Smt.B.V.Meenakshi name included in
ward No.55 of SRINAGAR under Basavanaguddi constituncy.But I want know the Sl. No. and part number immediately. My address is No.1109/20, 16th main road, srinagar, bangaslore-50.

Dipali Nov 15th, 2010 04:11 PM

Hi..I want to apply for voterid..but I don't know the process...I live at kundanhalli gate...please anybody can help me for this...thank you!!

kavya.p Nov 14th, 2010 12:23 PM

Dear Sir,

I reside at kalyannagar, Bangalore.Me and my family members have submitted voters id application form on 6/7/2010.But the particular wards( ward no 88) haven't taken any action so far.Once we approach the wards they don't even respond to queries positively.They say that we don't belong to the ward also.In newspaper they had put there is special drives in BBMP wards on 14 and 28th Nov 2010.But once i went to ward 88 the office had been closed.Please taken some action so that we get our services properly and get our voters id card immediately...

Kavya.p

kanta ben premji vaid Nov 13th, 2010 03:50 PM

I had submitted form6 on 13/8/ 2009,but till now i have not yet given my id....

lalji hira dubariya Nov 13th, 2010 03:46 PM

I had submitted form6 on 13/8/ 2009,but till now i have not yet given my id....

Prakash k Nov 12th, 2010 04:43 PM

I am a registered voter , i had duly  filled the application for EPIC along with the photos and submitted the same to a teacher in a nearby school at Agara who was authorised to collect it . So far no one has delivered the card at the doorstep has mentioned by you . So please let me know from Where  can  i collect the EPIC Card

Gayathri.R Oct 29th, 2010 07:51 AM

I want my Id proof so I want to be maintain till i get a job

Sachin Oct 07th, 2010 12:38 PM

I want to make a voter ID card, i am staying in Byadarahalli kempegouda nagar, can you please tell me where i can go and apply for the same.

vaseem Sep 15th, 2010 09:11 AM

hi i have a voter id but i want to change the address presently i stay in BTM 1st stage, can anyone help me regarding this.
my email id mohammed005@ibibo.com

Shipra Sep 08th, 2010 01:45 PM

I want a voter id card in bangalore so any one can help me how to get that as soon as possible u can contact me given below  contact nos : 9743222968
ankit03raaz@gmail.com

Suman Immanuel Sep 07th, 2010 01:07 PM

last 11-12 yrs my parents have been running around to get the EPIC cards in Bangalore but to no avail.Despite submitting several times the relevant forms

S.Ramakrishnan Aug 19th, 2010 10:41 PM

My father's name and address are incorrect in my voter's id no.SOH0357178.My father's name is T.R.Sangameswaran and address is 28,AECS II Stage Layout,2nd Main Road,Nagasettihalli,Bangalore-94BBMP Ward No. 19.Can you make the necessary corrections please?...S.Ramakrishnan

Mohammed Younus Baig Aug 19th, 2010 05:49 PM

i want to make a voter ID card, i am staying in Bommanahalli, can you please tell me where i can go and apply for the same.

shankaraiah m Aug 02nd, 2010 05:44 PM

sir, july 2010 i applayed for voter id in kogilu bbmp office . When I will get the voter id card

Anbu Jul 31st, 2010 02:33 PM

hi i want to apply voter id card in bangalore , how i can apply.let me know the process
. i have all the proff..  due to  age issue i did nt apply till now ,, now i crossed my age limit... PlZZZZZZZZZZ Let me know ASAP

Dolly Eapen Jul 28th, 2010 11:48 AM

As per the notification, BBMP officers come and collect the details of Id card from every doorsteps but till date no one has turned up. How to get the voters Id card ? .
  I am staying in BTM II stage, 29th main.

Sam Jul 22nd, 2010 02:40 PM

2 get 1 voter id card. nt even one website gives d clear details. whn d voter id card wil b provided n whr shud also b published in news papers. Im struggling to get my voter id card 4m so many days. I dont get proper information anywhr neithr on net o news paper o by people..... Try to 2 quantitative clear vut information please. Dont let citizans strugle like this.

Yogesh Verma Jul 15th, 2010 12:29 PM

MOHAN Jul 10th, 2010 04:18 PM

Voters list should be available  in web site with photo, so that

it can be  considered as authenticated one.

Thanks

mansoor ahmed Jul 08th, 2010 12:09 PM

sir i have submitted form6 and proof till i have not recieved identy card. when i will recieved please reply me

vasanth kumar .k.k Jun 21st, 2010 01:09 PM

hi i am having my voter id it is made 7 yrs old and last time i was seen in voter name list they are removed my and my wife name in the list. so i am residing  Channakeshava  nagar [hosa road] how can i apply different other one .help me about this .

mohammed akram Jun 21st, 2010 12:51 PM

I had submitted form6 on 1st sep 2009,but till now i have not yet given my id.......

Jonaki Ghosh Thomas Jun 17th, 2010 09:27 PM

When  I tried collecting my Voters Id card 2 years ago I was given one with my photo

Add your comment...