Distance Education Programmes for you!
Distance learning courses have become extremely popular among the working class as the benefits of a distance education program are manifold as it does not hamper the candidate's regular life while acting as an additional feature.
With the race that the world has become today time seems to be lacking in our lives. In such an environment people usually are in too much of a hurry to stop if for education. However, very often many want to pursue higher education but don’t really want to give up their jobs, so in such cases the solution occurs in the form of the distance learning education system, a system that allows individuals to enroll themselves in the courses of their choice and requirement and study as they carry on with their work. Some of the esteemed Universities offering distance education in Bangalore are -
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers distance education degree programs in arts, science, commerce, social sciences and information technology. The University has an efficient and effective networking of 48 Regional Centers. IGNOU's method of instruction differs radically from that of other conventional universities.
The University has adopted a multimedia approach to instruction. The different components being: self-instructional materials, counselling sessions, both face-to-face and via teleconferencing mode. For courses in Science, Computers, Nursing as well as Engineering and Technology, arrangements have been made to enable students undertake practical classes at select study centers.
IGNOU Bachelor Programmes
All these are three year programmes and 10 + 2 is required to be eligible.
1. Bachelors in Computer Application - The BCA provides an understanding and skills related to the use of computer and its application.
2. Bachelor of Arts - After completing BA, one can go for Masters level programme in various fields like translation, rural development or post graduate certificate in radio
3. Bachelor of Commerce - Student also gets basic knowledge in the core areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Computers.
4. Bachelor of Science - The Bachelor of Science programme opens up avenues of higher education in science to people from different sections of the society.
5. Bachelor of Science (Hospitality and Hotel Administration) –This programme was started in collaboration with National Council for Hotel Management.
IGNOU PG Diploma Programmes
All these are two year programmes and a bachelor’s degree is required to be eligible
1. Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication - The objective of this program is to provide basic knowledge to students on Journalism and Mass Communication. It aims at sharpening the basic skills needed to function effectively in a media organization.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management - The Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management programme comprises of 6 subjects and deals with various aspects of human resource development.
Vocational and Certificate courses
IGNOU offers some of the most interesting certificate courses, in different fields of education. Some of the courses offered are - Certificate in Human Rights, Certificate in Food and Nutrition, Certificate in Environmental Studies, Certificate in Disaster Management.
Click here for more information - Admission Rules
Karnataka State Open University
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) offers distance education programmes at Undergraduate and Post Graduate Level. The Open-Distance-Learning (ODL) system is a unique and challenging mode of education offered at the University level. This system provides ample opportunities for those who desire to have University education at their place of work or residence. This method is popularly known as Distance Education.
Bachelor's Degree Programmes
KSOU offers three years bachelor’s degree programme in B.A, B.Com and B.sc. Also for candidates seeking admission under KSOU, no educational qualification is prescribed. Those who have completed 18 years of age are eligible. The courses are very flexible and one can choose from a wide range of combinations.
B.Ed Degree Programme
The B.Ed Degree Programme is offered by the University through the medium of both Kannada and English. Candidates will have to give their option for the medium of Instruction. Similarly, students can submit assignments and attempt the term-end examination in the medium of their choice. Audio-Video Programmes, Contact Programmes and Practice Teaching will be provided through the medium they prefer as far as possible. The duration of the B.Ed Degree Programme is two years. Every candidate has to attend three Contact Programmes compulsorily within two years of admission.
Master's Degree Programmes
1. M.B.A. Post graduate degree programme was introduced in response to the growing demand for well trained post-graduates in Business Administration from institutions with professional excellence, the Karnataka State Open university offers a Two year Semester based M.B.A., Degree Programme (Two Semester per year-total four semester). The study of MBA programme consists of 24 courses with compulsory project report. These 24 courses are spread over four semesters i.e., two academic years.
2. M.Phil – KSOU’s M.Phil programme, a research oriented programme, is designed todevelop skills in the research. The M.Phil programme in KSOU will promote you with the required knowledge and skill thereby helps to pursue advanced research programme such as PhD and D.Litt.
KSOU offers nearly 20 certificate courses in various streams; the course duration varies from six month to one year. Some of the vocational courses are - Certificate Course in Office Organization and Management, Certificate Course in Environmental Management, Certificate Course in Solid Waste Management, Certificate Course in Home Care and Children with Special needs and Certificate course in Entrepreneurship Development.
Admissions: Admissions are on for Bachelors Degree Programme, for more details and fee structure. Visit - Admission and Fee structure
Manipal Universal Learning believes in the philosophy that education knows no barriers not even that of geography. Being a Learning Resource Development Centre for Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences and Manipal University, Manipal Universal Learning offers student support services for Distance Education programs and also Short term courses on Information Technology.
Bachelor's Degree Programs
1. Bachelor of Science in Apparel and Fashion Design [B.Sc. AFD]
2. Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Catering Management [BScHC]
3. Bachelor of Science In Information Technology [BScIT]
4. Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication [BAJM]
5. Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]
Master's Degree Programmes
1. Master of Science in Pollution Control [MScPC]
2. Master of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication [MAJM]
3. Master of Science in Telecom Technology [MScTT]
4. Master of Science in Eco Tourism [MScET]
5. Master of Business Administration [MBA]
All the courses had been designed by the expert keeping industry requirements in view. A wide range of IT education programs is being offered for the students from different streams like Engineering, Commerce etc, working professionals and those interested in upgrading their with latest tends in IT.
Various IT based courses are offered some of the courses are - Window Based Office Application, IT Enabled Accounting, Internet & Web site Design, Visual Programming, Programming With Oracle, E-Commerce & its Applications, Web Server Administration & Advanced Applications, Medical Transcription, Web Page Design, .Net Applications.
Admissions: Admissions are on for all the distance learning programmes till 31.07.2010. Click here to know more about the centers - Distance learning centers