Your guide to getting a Passport in Bangalore!
Getting a passport now, has become a lot more easier with Passport Seva Kendras which makes the whole process fairly simple. Also now you can obtain a passport in just three working days. Here's a complete guide to getting a passport in Bangalore.
Getting your Passport can be a cumbersome affair. By following these simple guidelines you can ensure that your passport is issued quickly without any hassles.
Are you applying for the first time?
You can obtain an application form from the Passport Office or the Head Post Office (Rs. 10) or you can download the e-form. After filling all columns carefully and legibly the application may be submitted to the Passport Office concerned (where you are resident when applying) either in person or through a representative or by registered post.
Proof of residence is essential i.e., a self-attested photo copy of the ration card or voters' identity card or water tax bill or telephone bill or electricity bill or running bank account or income tax assessment order of last three years or appointment letter of reputed companies on letterhead (any one of them will do).
Proof of date of birth and educational qualifications is also essential i.e., a self-attested photo copy of birth certificate or school certificate or in case of illiterate/ semi-literate persons a sworn affidavit to be attested by a magistrate, as per specimen given in the form.
1. Furnish 6 photographs (colour): Size 35 mm x 45 mm;
2. Frontal view of full faces against a light background; photos taken with coloured or dark glasses and in uniform are not acceptable;
3. 4 photographs pasted on the form and signed across partly on the photo and partly on the form and 2 photographs (unsigned and name written on the back) to be put in an envelope and stapled to the form.
4. Attach NOC in original if you are in the service of Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Statutory Bodies and the like.
Click here to know about Annexures and Affidavits
Documents required for passport
Proof of address
You are required to submit atleast one of the documents listed below
1. Water Bill
2. Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3. Electricity bill
4. Statement of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)
5. Income Tax Assessment Order
6. Election Commission Photo ID card
7. Gas connection bill
8. Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
Proof of Date of Birth
You are required to submit atleast one of the documents listed below
1. Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths
2. School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution
3. Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per the specimen in Annexure 'A' by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants (Less than 5th class).
If you want to submit application at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or mini PSK
You can apply in-person for various passport services at Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) or mini PSK. Assistance for filling up the form is available at nominal charges at all PSKs and mini PSK. You may schedule an appointment with PSK/ mini PSK after submitting your application online. First and foremost, you need to be a registered user of the Passport Seva website
1.Log into the account
2. You need to select the Apply Passport Online menu option that you can find in the left navigation menu
3. Fill out all the required details and submit the form
4. You can then use the Upload Document link which you shall find on the
5. Applicant Home Page. Keep in mind that the documents must be in PDF format and should be self attested
6. Then you must go to the PSK/mini PSK for completion of the procedure.
7. It is good if you schedule an appointment with the PSK so as to reduce your waiting time. Bear in mind that you would have to re-submit the application if the submission process is not complete within a month of applying.
If any kind of problems arise while submitting the form, applicants can call the toll-free number 1800-258-1800 to avail the services of passport citizen service executives. The number remains open from 8am to 10pm.
Fees for passport?
Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (36 pages) of 10 years validity is Rs. 1000 and Rs. 1500 for tatkaal passport.
Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport for Minors (below 18 years of Age), of 5 years validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 whichever is earlier (36 pages) is Rs. 600 and Rs. 1500 for tatkaal passport.
Click here to know more about the Fee Structure
Do you need a passport urgently?
You require a verification certificate (as per specimen at Annexure G of the application form) from any officer of the rank of Deputy Secretary and above in the Central Government or equivalent in the State Government, Colonel and above or its equivalent in Air Force and Navy, General Manager of a Public Sector Undertaking, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, SSP of a district or one of those listed in Annexure 'G' (page 16 of the application form). An out of turn passport is issued only in cases of specified emergencies, on production of documentary evidence.
Passport for minors
It is preferable to have a separate passport for a minor. A number of foreign Diplomatic Missions are refusing to grant visas if minor's name is included in the parents' passport.
Apply as for fresh passport with the following additional documents:
1. Attested photocopies of parents' passports; If neither of the parents has passport, then an affidavit from both parents (specimen at Annexure 'D' of the passport form);
2. In case either of the parents holds a passport, copy of the same, alongwith an affidavit from the other parent (specimen at Annexure 'D' of the passport form);
3. Column 20 of the application form to be signed by parent/ legal guardian and at column 23, affix the minor's signature or thumb impression.
It is obligatory to produce the original documents for verification in case so required by the Passport Office.
Delivery of Passports
Passports are normally delivered only to the applicant or dispatched by registered post to the applicant's present address as given in the application form. In case a passport has already been granted, in the normal course, the applicant may approach the Passport Office for counter delivery. Such passports can then be delivered at the counter.
Loss of Passport : How to apply for a duplicate?
If you lose your passport, then inform the nearest police station and obtain a copy of the FIR; Also kindly inform the Passport Office or Indian Mission which issued that passport. Passport is a valuable document and in case it gets misused, you can be held responsible, if you have not informed the office;
Apply for a duplicate passport with
1. application for lost passport;
2. copy of the FIR;
3. affidavit (specimen at Annexure 'B' of the passport form);
4. copy of lost passport, if available;
5. Fee Rs. 2500/-
Damaged Passport : How to apply for a replacement?
If your passport gets damaged, you are entitled to get it replaced. Apply for a duplicate passport with the following documents:
1. application for a damaged passport;
2. damaged passport;
3. affidavit (specimen at Annexure 'B' of the application form);
4. Fee Rs. 2500/-(This fee needs to be verified).
Expired Passport : How to apply for re-issue?
If you are a holder of a passport, then you are entitled to an automatic re-issue of a passport, without prior police verification. You can apply one year before the passport expires or within 2 years after it expires to obtain this expeditious service.
You are required to submit only:
1. Fresh application form;
2. Previous passport;
3. Proof of residence only if the present address is different from that given in the previous passport.
(Verification Certificate or any other document - not required).
Click here to locate Passport Seva Kendras in your area - Passport Seva Kendras