Skål is a one-of-its-kind Travel and Tourism Association in Bangalore
Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world.
Skål is a professional organization of tourism leaders around the world, promoting global tourism and friendship. It is the only international group uniting all branches of the travel and tourism industry. The first Skål Club was founded in 1932 in Paris and in the year 1934 the "Association Internationale des Skål Clubs" was formed. Today Skål International is spread over 90 nations having 22,000 members in 500 Clubs and is headquartered in Torremolinos, Spain.
Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals who get together to create a network of professionals around the world. It conducts regular seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry's professionalism by participation in local activities and events at all levels. “Skål members get an opportunity to interact with industry colleagues from around the world. We give them an amicable atmosphere brimming with ideas, opportunities which can be shared on a personal and business level,” states J.P Menon the president of Bangalore Skål Committee.
SKAL Bangalore was established in the year 1974. The Bangalore Club has around 120 members which is the third biggest club in India after Delhi and Chennai.
Benefits of a joining the Skål Club:
1) Business Contacts: More than 20,000 tourism related companies to choose from which would be a great platform to enhance your business.
2) Worldwide Opportunities: Many opportunities to attend national, regional and international congresses often offering special travel arrangements. Networking with other tourism professionals worldwide is the main highlight of Skål.
3) Starting a New Business: Skål is an ideal way to meet new professional contacts. If you are moving to a new city then use Skål to meet the other tourism professionals in the new city.
4) Travel: Monthly Meetings gives its members an opportunities to meet local colleagues in the industry and the occasion to use local functions to entertain business associates.
5) News: Skal News, the quarterly magazine has news and articles of international nature. A member can also access the Skal Database - Membership Directory Worldwide with close to 22,000 contacts in it.
6) Reaching out: Florimond Volckaert Fund provides help for those members and their families who go through hard times like loss of employment, illness, etc.
Membership of Skål is open to managers or executives directly involved in tourism management, sales and promotions, in specified travel and tourism businesses, including: transportation (airlines, cruise lines, railways, ferries), travel and tour operators and agencies, tourism organisations, governments and non-government tourism councils, hotels, convention centres, travel media, etc.
Doing Business among friends - Skål provides worldwide networking and business opportunities for travel and tourism executives. "The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated. Skal members meet at local, national, regional and international levels to discuss and pursue topics of common interest. The member meetings of the local club usually takes place every month,” shares Aslam Gafoor, Committee Member.
Professionals from the travel and tourism industry who would like to know more or people interested in joining SKAL can send in their request to: email@example.com. For more information you can log on to: www.skal.org.