Starting today the PSKs or the Passport Seva Kendras
will start taking online applications for all kinds of passport services. If you are planning to apply for a new passport, you no longer have to walk into the PSK centers located in the city, instead all you need to do is go online
and fill the necessary application forms. From today onwards the on-the-spot token system has been dispensed with, and walk in applicants will only be entertained in cases of emergencies. There are several cities in the country namely Mumbai, Kochi and Pune that are already receiving passport application from residents online. With the service being available in the city, it promises less hassles and less waiting
Once at the website
, you can fill the application Submit it along with all the required documents that are needed for the procedure. After which you are to take a print out of the application and go to the PSK centre according to the time slot given to you. Applicants would be made aware of the availability of slots at each centre when they submit the forms. It would also be possible to choose or request a convenient time that would suit the needs of the applicant.
This switch to online submission is not only for the applicants residing in the city but also for applicants coming to the PSKs from neighboring districts namely Mandya, Kolar, Mysore, Tumkur, Ramangaram, Chickballapur and Chamarajanagar. However the PSKs in Hubli, Gulbarga and Mangalore will continue to accept walk-in applications.
It has been said that the PSKs strength of processing applications has been improved to 500 from the 200 that was seen before. More passport officials have been posted from neighboring sates so as to ensure smoother and faster processing. The online facility should also help reduce all kinds of errors and mistakes that generally take place delaying the procedure even further.
Here are the steps to applying for a new passport and re-issue of passport:
First and foremost, you need to be a registered user of the Passport Seva website
2. You need to select the Apply Passport Online menu option that you can find in the left navigation menu
3. Fill out all the required details and submit the form
4. You can then use the Upload Document link which you shall find on the
5. Applicant Home Page. Keep in mind that the documents must be in PDF format and should be self attested
6. Then you must go to the PSK/mini PSK for completion of the procedure.
7. It is good if you schedule an appointment with the PSK so as to reduce your waiting time. Bear in mind that you would have to re-submit the application if the submission process is not complete within a month of applying.
If any kind of problems arise while submitting the form, applicants can call the toll-free number 1800-258-1800 to avail the services of passport citizen service executives. The number remains open from 8am to 10pm.
People who are not computer literate or do not have access to the computer may seek the help of registered passport agents.