National Youth Confluence 2010 on Social Entrepreneurship
By Sahar Adil | Published: October 19 2010
Confluence 2010 is an annual national conference organised by the National Social Entrepreneurship Forum focusing on “Youth and Social Entrepreneurship” on Oct 23, in JP Nagar
Confluence 2010 is an annual national conference
organised by the National Social Entrepreneurship Forum
focusing on “Youth and Social Entrepreneurship”. Come Oct 23rd, the event will witness a conflux of more than 800 participants including sector experts, young social entrepreneurs, student leaders who have led campus social initiatives, investors and thought leaders in this sector, sharing and exchanging their ideas under one roof.
is when an entrepreneur zeroes in on a social problem and uses entrepreneurship tools and qualities to develop a business venture that will bring social change. With this definition in mind, we talk to Yashveer Singh, a young and forward thinking social entrepreneur who is the founder ofNSEF- National Social Entrepreneurship Forum that is a not for profit organization that promotes social entrepreneurship among the students of major universities across India.
Thus by inspiring, educating and supporting the next generation of social entrepreneurs and by creating environments where they can succeed. Yashveer Singh says," our objective is to establish NSEF
centres in educational institutions which could act as hub for conducting world class workshops, skill-building activities and conferences. He also sees these NSEF centres develop academic courses, provide innovative training and internships in development sector and most importantly provide support through mentorship and incubation facilities for budding social entrepreneurs."
The Conference will comprise of:
• Talks and Panel Discussions by reputed and seasoned social entrepreneurs.
• Idea to Reality Competition: With the aim to provide Mentorship, Training and Incubation support to worthy Social Venture Ideas.
• Start-Up exhibition by selective young social enterprises.
Some of the Speakers include:
• Mr. Anshu Gupta, Founder, GOONJ
• Mr. Solomon JP, Country Head, Ashoka India
• Mr. Paul Basil, Founder and CEO, Villgro Innovations Foundation
• Mr. Ramji Raghavan, Founder Chairman, Agastya International Foundation
• Prof. Madhukar Shukla, Organizational Behaviour & Strat Mgmt, XLRI
• Dr. Vivek Desai, Managing Trustee, HOSMAC FOUNDATION
• Mr. Vishal Vasishth, Founder & Managing Director, SONG Investment Advisors
• Dr. Satyajit Majumdar, Professor, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
• Ms. Priya Naik, CEO, Samhita Social Ventures
• Ms. Neelam Chibber, Co-Founder & MD, Industree
• Mr. Anurag Gupta, Founder and CEO, A Little World
• Ms. Aparajita Agrawal, Vice President, Intellecap
• Mr. Abhijit Ray, Founder & Director, Unitus Capital
• Prof Sourav Mukherji, IIM Bangalore
• Dr. Meena Jain, Founder, Sambhav Foundation
What is in it for you?
• Listen to and interact with the most prominent personalities in the Social Entrepreneurship space.
• Mentorship & Networking opportunities with like minded people to build upon your ideas and to get advice and gather resources .
• Witnessing and getting Internship Opportunities for Hands-on experience in young social Enterprises.
• Testing your Social Entrepreneurial Idea and taking part in the Idea 2 Reality Competetion to put your idea into action.
• Becoming a part of a growing national network
• Participation certificates for attending the confluence
• Get a chance to become an NSEF Campus Ambassador at your college
NSEF is a non-profit reputed organization
to promote social entrepreneurship in universities across India. The goal of NSEF is to produce future social entrepreneurs from these institutions. With this objective, NSEF establishes chapters in these academic institutions. Through these chapters we aim to promote social entrepreneurship in academic campuses with activities like Lecture Series, Workshops, Social B Plan Competitions, Idea Café, Online Blogging Competitions and NSEF Summer Social Internship Program, the NSEF Author program, a summer social internship program which provides immersion experience to focused students in social organizations across India.
DATE 23 October 2010 | Saturday
VENUE:MLR Convention Centre, Brigade Millennium, 7th Phase, J.P. Nagar
Bangalore – 560078.
In case of any queries, please contact:
Hhanu (+91 9823814138)