Education

St. Joseph’s Indian College to go co-ed.

The academic year of 2009-10 will see girls also enroll and be part of St. Joseph’s Indian Composite College.

St Joseph’s Composite Pre University College which was started in 2006 is now all set to open admissions for girls as well. The academic year of 2009- 2010 will see 30% of reservation of seats in its Pre University courses. This boy’s only college is run by the Jesuit priests who founded the St. Joseph’s Indian High School almost a hundred years ago.

The plan open admission for girls was on the backburner for almost five years ago when school had its centenary celebrations. ‘We had a plan that we would reserve seats for girls as well and because we didn’t have the sufficient infrastructure and other facilities we delayed this idea to start co-ed. Now we have a new building and classrooms and faculty as well to absorb girls in our courses.’ Says Geeta Prabhu, staff of the college.

The college offers science and commerce courses in PCMB, HEBA and MSBA combinations. The student intake for each stream will be 80 students, out of which 30% seats will be reserved for girls. ‘This is the first year we are opening the courses for girls and hence we are a little apprehensive as to how good the response will be. Incase we fail to fill the seats reserved for girls, we will admit boys instead.’ added Geeta. The cut off for the above mentioned courses is 80% and above for science and 75% for commerce combinations.

By including girls in the PUC college, the school’s management are aiming at create a healthy environment for academics to grow in the campus. There will be a strict dress code that will be followed by the students admitted to the college. ‘Currently the boys wear a uniform of black pants and blue shirt on Mondays, on other days they have to wear formal clothes, they cannot wear torn jeans and printed T-shirts etc.’ The girls will also follow a similar dress code of a salwar kameez uniform on Mondays and formal clothes for the rest of the week.

St. Joseph’s Composite PUC College is located on Vittal Mallya Road
For more details contact – 080 22212570/41120205/222126619

Tags: Bangalore, St. Joseph’s Composite PUC College, Vittal Mallya Road, Jesuit Priests, Science and Commerce

27 comments

Uma May 15th, 2013 01:55 AM

Can somebody advise what is the cuff-off marks in 2012 for PCMB and PCME in St.Joseph

Mary Jennifer Feb 21st, 2013 12:20 PM

respected
sir/ madam
i need  application form  ...for commerce and i studied in cbse....please let me know when will u issue the form
on my email...
thank u...

sreejith s Feb 20th, 2013 09:15 PM

respected sir..
                       i need admission for commerce { MSBA} ...what percentage should i get for the admission ..... when will you issue the applications.... it is online ...or personal .... and the fee structure ..... please mail me ...

goutham May 28th, 2012 06:12 PM

nothing

akhilesh May 22nd, 2012 06:34 PM

Hi
sir/madam,
i'm akhilesh i wanted application form for arts in your college kindly mail me the application form for arts
thanking you,
akhilesh.A.KUMAR

yugesh.v May 20th, 2012 08:08 PM

Hi
Sir/Madam
I am yugesh her i need admission for science[PCMC] does ur college offers pcmc and wht percentage should i with hold

payal May 19th, 2012 01:59 PM

hi..
i want to admit to tis college pls mail me the information abt the college i need admission for [SEBA] please tell me admission fees and percentage to join this college

yugesh May 16th, 2012 06:21 PM

Hi
Sir/Mam
I am yugesh here i need admission for science{PCMC] what percentage should i withhold to get admitted and what is the fees structure for admission.When will be the form issued can u let me knw to my email id plz.

gokula May 14th, 2012 12:08 PM

i am looking for admission for I Puc science PCMB pls let me know when ru issuing forms thanks in adv

salman khan May 08th, 2012 12:29 PM

respected sir/madam,
  i am salman i have just finished my 10th examinations when are the applications being issued .please let me know as soon as possible.
                                                               yours faithfully,
                                                                           salman......

David May 03rd, 2012 12:07 PM

Hi i am willing to join this collage so pls send me the fee structure of PCMC. and issueing date of application..

Deekshita Mar 01st, 2012 05:08 PM

Hello
i need an admission for science pcme
kindly let me know when are the application forms are out... please do inform me on my id... thank u.. hope to get a response

shilpa Jun 04th, 2011 11:08 AM

hello,dis s shilpa, i m a new entry to st.josephs college. . . . .

shilpa Jun 03rd, 2011 11:11 PM

hi, i m a new entry 2 st.josephs college.

Vel Murugan May 18th, 2011 02:55 PM

hi,
i need the admission for commerce ........ please e-mail me the fees structure.. email-vel18465@gmail.com....... i wanna be a josephite

neeharika Apr 12th, 2011 03:49 PM

hi......
i am neeharika ..... i need admission for commerce { MSBA} ...what percentage should i get for the admission ..... when will you issue the applications.... it is online ...or personal .... and the fee structure..... please mail me ...

sunil kumar.v Dec 19th, 2010 11:22 AM

i m PROUD to b JOSEPHITES

LOHITH . R Aug 08th, 2010 12:26 PM

i feel proud to be JOSEPHITE......!!

kiran Jul 29th, 2010 04:23 PM

i am reaiiy enjoying this collage ... i just wish that jeans should be aloved in campus..thwen our collage will really rockkk

lakshmana Jul 24th, 2010 06:13 PM

ilike your coolege

rashmi Jun 23rd, 2010 09:32 AM

dear sir/madam

please suggest me the best colege in bangalore to pursue my m.com

regards
rashmi

v.chandru May 30th, 2010 12:23 PM

being a josephite , iam  proud.  because of its world class teaching ......................................................................... BBM CHANDRU SJEC

Nikita Suresh May 27th, 2010 02:29 PM

Kindly let me know whether you will provide application for I PUC Science combination - PCMB / PCMC. In case, you are issuing the form the same will be collected from your office. Please let me know on my above e-mail ID.

Thanks

saniya parveen May 07th, 2010 12:16 PM

hi,
i am saniya here and i just wanted to know the fees structure and details about the college cause i am a student from uttar pradesh and i dont know much about your college, i even wanted to know when are the admissions for PUC science, hope i get a reply sooner thank you!!!!!!!!!

sonia.c May 05th, 2010 03:10 PM

respected
sir/ madam
i have taken  the application form  ...for commerce and i hav  chossen ceba..and i studied in cbse....in my mid term i hav scored less in math..so can i apply with tht marks..after the result can i apply.

meghana ramesh Apr 07th, 2010 08:17 PM

hi.. is da college really going co-ed this year?if so when are the admissions starting??......and what is the percentage required to get a seat for pcmb.

Ayesha Apr 05th, 2010 12:13 PM

Hi
sir/madam
I am Ayesha here i need admission for science [PCMB] what percentage should i withhold to get admitted and what is the fees structure for admission.......

Add your comment...