My dream is to build a line of business or a company around “leveraging information to achieve competitive advantage” – commonly referred to as Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Social Intelligence – my areas of specialization.
BI & Analytics as understood today focuses on moving, modeling and reporting data. My submission is that BI & analytics has delivered projects that could be IT successes but often fail to make business impact. Few organizations have a vision that their BI & analytics offerings will cause competitive advantage or enhanced business outcomes for clients. I prefer consultatively engaging clients - drives far more value.
My DNA is entrepreneurial leadership – I love to build a line of business around early stage product or service offering. I have created compelling visions, built world-class leaderships and executed on the visions.
My style is inspirational leadership – at every assignment I have managed to attract great talent world-wide, have created an environment for them to be successful.
- Build a world class BI, analytics and Social Intelligence consulting team in the US
- Delivered 50% increase on last year revenues in a recessionary year
- Created solutions around social intelligence and social analytics
- Hired upwards of 600 engineers and architects
- Obtain analyst commendations
- Built one of the industries’ finest technology consulting practices for Retail, CPG and Logistics verticals - focusing on e-commerce, Retail Strategies, Enterprise Architecture, SOA, Social Media and text analytics
- Personally consulted with clients on IT strategy and technology evaluation
- Shepherded large and complex transformational programs
- Spawned solutions around MDM, Social media, ecommerce, Retail and CPG analytics
- Was a member of the prestigious Infosys Leadership Institute (ILI)
Vice President and Global Head of Business Intelligence,When I took on the leadership of BI & Analytics, the unit was treated as a supplier of skills around Datawarehousing (DW), Data loading (ETL) and reporting. As the first step in transformation, I created and communicated a vision that spoke of delivering competitive advantage to clients; making an impact on business KPIs of clients; and the need to do it consultatively.
• Vision - Created a powerful vision focused on business outcome for clients
• Business Model - Created a revenue stream based on a consultative approach – value driven as opposed to only scale driven
• Talent - Attracted and engaged a world-class team of architects, consultants and program managers. Hired and engaged a team of around 20 senior consultants, thought leaders and architects in the US
• Revenue and downstream – Increased head-count from 400 at the beginning of the my stint to 1000+; revenues by 50% to 50m. Enabled industry units around solutioning.
• Enabling - Envisioned and delivered training to team members to develop next generation BI, DW, Analytics and social intelligence competency
• Analyst impact – had Gartner and Ovum recommending HCL on strategic BI conversations
• Solutions - Created a set of solutions around BI – especially around social intelligence
• Complex Program Execution – personally intervened and brought on track a challenged $6m program,HCL Technologies